Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Time I Jumped in the English Channel

Today's post will be a short one... After a long day yesterday learning about ancestry and reviewing various bone features and sex and age markers in the lab, everyone in the class just wanted to get back to the hotel to nap and study. I swear that was absolutely my plan too, until I got back to the room and saw that it was finally sunny and (relatively) warmish on Bournemouth beach. Naturally, I had to postpone my study plans. Fifteen minutes later, Mallory and I were running across the beach and plunging into the frigid waters of the English Channel. The waves were a little bit stronger than we expected, and let's just say I got to experience the water with all five senses. Mmm, salty. I have some great pictures that I will hopefully soon be uploading! Right now, though I'm about to go take my bone quiz. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment